Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Invitation to a Beheading?

Every Dr. Sexson class I have ever taken fosters a growing comradery amongst the students, I've met some of the greatest people in my life through these classes. I've seen an engagement (congratulation Sutter and Sam)  flourish from the beauty and connectivity that these classes inspire and initiate. But blogs and lecture alone leave little room for the infinite expandability that can come from this class. That is why, I'd like to extend an invitation to any and all to form a semi-informal, semi infamous following of our own school of night. I'm pretty flexible as to when and what we do, but to start Id say that every Sunday around 8:30 ish meet at the Bacchus pub. Have a few highbrews, attempt to stay somewhat academic in our efforts, but just a friendly forum to toast and talk. Anyone is welcome, I'm going to try and have a few "guest speakers" from time to time. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone perhaps wants to focus on a particular book, or play I'd love that. (I'm thinking about Ulysses but perhaps we start small(er) maybe The Tin Drum? or maybe nothing is better)
anyways let me know, but I'll be down there. reading a book or the bottom of a beer glass.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like it could be fun and i would definitely be interested. You should make an announcement in class and drum up a little awareness in the class for people who don't read the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know once you decide to start this up, and maybe what text(s) I should read. Sounds awesome, thanks for the invitation the other day.

    ReplyDelete